Are you looking out for an opportunity to become a virtual assistant with no prior experience? No worries! It doesn’t take much to get started in this virtual assistant career. Many people start out at the basic level to build a career in moneymaking.
A virtual assistant is often referred to simply as “VA”. This refers to a business entrepreneur who offers online business support utilities and business consulting to clients in different industries all over the globe on a virtual basis. The virtual advisors offer business services from any location, whether it is at home or far away.
The services offered by the virtual assistants can comprise everything from administrative tasks to social media to teaching services.
The VA can efficiently handle multitasking tasks. The VA can manage the social media accounts and back-office of a traveling coach while they are based in Australia or India. These are just instances.
Virtual assistants will need to create a LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn connects professionals and newcomers in a specific field.
LinkedIn is populated by professionals in every industry. Get in touch with professional experts to keep up-to-date.
Learning and watching others can help you to become a better person.
The VA offers remote services in four main divisions.
General Administration services
- Here are some admin services that you can offer your client as a virtual assistant:
- Cold canvasing or calling, booking sales appointments or seek a donation with their prospects/clients. To narrow down the target audience, the market research must be done.
- Follow up regularly with clients/customers via online and offline correspondence.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows you to create and manage events, as well as mark appointments, on an electronic calendar.
- File folder Management (manage files using Google Dri ve etc.
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Hotel bookings and Flight reservations
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint Presents in preparation for their online courses or webinars, conferences, or meetings.
- Recruitment and supervision of other remote employees such as a web designer or video editor.
- Personal jobs – booking restaurants and events, purchasing surprise gifts, booking dinners, reserving tables for dinners, shifting houses, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
Digital marketing refers to the use of digital technology to market products or services. The mode of digital marketing is promoted via internet. This includes mobile phones as well as other digital resources.
The Digital marketing ways such as Search Engine Optimisation, Search Engine Marketing, Internet marketing, Product marketing, social media promotion, paid search, marketing collateral, Email marketing, Mobile marketing are spreading across the world. VA services are needed to handle the various options.
There is a lot to be done in each digital marketing strategy.
According to digital marketing, analytics and metrics matter everything.
Here are some examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing is the use of social media forums like facebook, twitter and Instagram to market products or services. Online marketers promote the product and create brand awareness for consumers all over the world.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization Search Engine Optimization is a practice used by SEO or ecommerce businesses to increase visitors, traffic, and populate websites. Both online and offline modes can be used to optimize your website.
- SMO (Social Media Optimization) – The Social media optimization is the process to increasing the brand name, awareness and popularity of the product across the social media platforms and groups to gain public attention.
- Social Media Marketing – Online marketers help to build brand awareness by creating Facebook pages and following up with customers. Marketers create ads to gain popularity.
- Twitter marketing – To build brand popularity, online marketers should create a twitter page and maintain a consistent follow up. Advertisements are created by marketers to gain popularity and increase their followers.
- Instagram marketing – To build brand awareness, online marketers should create an Instagram account and maintain a consistent follow up. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity and view the followers.
- YouTube Management The YouTube marketing allows users post videos to generate virality for millions of viewers. To create a YouTube channel, the user must post videos that relate to cooking, fashions, child psychology or hair dressing.
- Pinterest Marketing – Pinterest marketing is using Pinterest as the platform to increase the product and business awareness. Pinterest is used by the webmaster to increase traffic to his website and draw attention from the public.
- email marketing – email marketing is sending messages or commercial content to clients via email. Email marketing is used to market the product or to pitch sales to the target audience. It also sends marketing collaterals.
- Branding – Branding actions are implemented by organization to make them different from peer and other emerging competitors. The branding strategies are implemented to strengthen your position in the market. Marketers are responsible for branding to build brand loyalty.
- Paid Adverts – Online marketers can use paid advertising to drive traffic to their websites, google, or any other search engine.
- Content Management – Marketing content is transferred via online websites or social media.
Creative Job Suite
These are just a few examples of Creative Jobs that are in high demand.
- Graphic design
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch a new product or service.
- Video editing
Online Instruction services
There are 2 main categories for teaching services.
1. LIVE mode for teaching
Here are a few examples:
Tutoring school children online
Tutoring English or other language speaking online to students/ working professionals/ homemakers.
2. Teaching services through “How to” video tutorials
These are just a few of the real examples.
- How to create a successful online course
- How to create graphics using Canva / Picmonkey / Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive, Drop Box, or One Drive to store unlimited files
- How to make instructional YouTube videos
- How to bake ice cream cakes, pancakes, icecream cakes, sugar free cupcakes/whole wheat bread/cookies and more
- How to make party makeup and hairstyles in just 15 minutes
- How to create fillable worksheets and PDF workbooks
- How to take professional photos for Instagram/Facebook
- How to become a brand affiliate seller on Amazon/Ebay
- How to automate Pinterest marketing
- How to draw faces, images or characters for comics book
- You can find a lot of resources online to help you get familiar with work from home opportunities and learn more about your interests.
What soft skills are needed to connect with remote clients?
These are skills that you’ll need to be a successful remote employee or work with long-term clients.
- Be Professional — You must be more professional in your interactions with clients.
- Take initiative. As a virtual owner of a business, clients expect you quickly to understand and analyze the tasks and to act promptly to address any doubts.
- Problem-solving skills Clients should expect you to be able forecast problems and then present a solution.
- Efficiency – Your work efficiency will rise and your efforts to expand the business will be rewarded.
- Persistence – You may come across a strict time-bound assignment or a tough situation wherein you are required to devote extra time, effort and energy to complete the task. You’ll be trustworthy and reliable because of your perseverance and ability not to give up, despite the odds.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. Not being professional is asking clients to remind you or ask questions about your work.
- Task Organization Skills – You will be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and valuable client projects with your ability to plan ahead, follow schedules and keep your focus.
What tools do VAs need?
Below are some basic tools you’ll need before you start taking on client work.
- Google Docs – to create, edit and share documents
- Dropbox is a file sharing tool
- WordPress: For creating and managing websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp, GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies tie contracts with virtual assistants. These companies, also called agencies, serve as a broker to obtain a job for virtual assistants.
To find virtual assistant jobs, follow the links to Upwork, Time, and Indeed.
Make sure that your search queries are related to the field before you enter the what-where sections.
Virtual assistant is assigned a job profile that has multi-tasking potential as the job description covers various skills.
As virtual assistants, they are responsible for providing technical and customer support to law, finance, and start-up companies. You can establish a virtual assistant business, or work remotely from clients around the world.
You will need to learn new skills depending on the job profile.
The highest salary drawing virtual assistant need to devote their work for full-time and provide executive level support to clients and provide services such as web-designing, developer.